Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adidas Cup 2008


We won gold again.
Last week August 13-16 the team participated and Danny and helped run our clubs 6th annual soccer tournament. It was a long 4 days for Danny and I. We were at the fields each morning at 7 am until 8 or 9 pm each night. Danny was coaching and helping me with everything. The first day the boys played the Firebirds. We won 5-2. The next night we played TC United. The boys played great. There passing was amazing. We won 3-0. The next morning the boys played early in the semi's and were to put it nicely a little sluggish. We were lucky and pulled off a A 3-0 win. That afternoon we were headed to the finals. The game was tough and very close. In fact we were down 2-1 with minutes left in the game when we scored to tie it up. The game ended in a tie and for those who don't know about soccer in a final game we head to 2 five minute over times. After the overtime the game was still tied so we headed to a shoot out. Danny has to pick 5 players to kick penalty shots at the goalie one one on. Our first kick was stopped by the goalie. Their 1st shot went up and over the goal. Our next went 2 went in, while they made one and our goalie caught the next one. Our fourth shot went in again. Their fourth shot was caught again by our goalie. We won the game, no need for anyone to take the fifth shot. It was awesome. I have never had a team go to a shot out although I have seen other teams. It is a lot of pressure. I don't want to do that again.

1 comment:

Lia said...

Yay! You journaled!! And I agree. Let's hope we never have to go to a shoot out again. That was tense!!