Monday, September 8, 2008

Soccer Season has Officially Started

Soccer season has officially started at our house. Thursday Sept 4th Braden had his first game against the Blue Knights. It was sad. Our defense forget to show up and we lost 3-0. Saturday all three kids had games. We started at 8 am with Jake. I am his coach if you didn't know. Jake scored 2 goals. It was an easy win. So easy I don't even remember the score. Next was Katelyn. Her game started at 9 am. Danny is her coach. She scored a nice shot right into the upper right hand corner. The goalie caught it but he was over the line. Too bad for him. Her team won 4-0. Now we teased Braden about him scoring. He said he couldn't score as a defender. So we went on and made a list of all the professionals who play defender who have scored in games. I know he is capable. I have seen him dribble the ball up the field before and shot. So now we make our way to Layton. We had a terrible time finding the field. After fighting construction traffic on the freeway we should of stayed on the freeway. Within the first 5 minutes of the game the score was 3-0 for La Roca. Nobody was defending the far post. The second half was a little better. La Roca ended up with 7 yellow cards and they became very frustrated. We did finally score after Danny moved his two fasted players up front, which one happened to be Braden who scored the only goal of the game. It was awesome. Kenny took the ball down the right side and centered the ball. All of a sudden Braden came out of know where on the left side. As soon as I saw him coming I knew he would score. And he did with his left foot. A powerful kick in the air into the back of the net. We had several other chances after but as the game before nothing could hit the net. Hopefully this week will be better. I am praying it will, literally. Next Braden went and played with the U16's. There team needs help. Braden did not get there until half time since the game was too close to our other game but it would not have made a difference they were blown out a whole bunch to none. I did not take my camera this week so I will try and get some action shots next week to post.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like busy times for the Norris family. But how exciting that all three of them would score goals!

Southern Bell and Country Boy said...

Ya, Defense had a bad day, but I'd beg to differ, I think the whole team failed to show. Defense wouldn't have been under such pressure if the rest of the forward team had kept it up the feild and been strong.

The Birds said...

We are starting Tee Ball next week. We will try to get to some of the kids games this season....